Cosplay photo competition
For the first time in AniMatsuri’s history, we are having a contest for cosplay photographers! Have you done an awesome photo session with cosplayers? Want to show off your photography skills? Then this competition is for you!
- One person may submit up to 2 different photos;
- The submitter is the person who took the photo;
- This competition is all about the photographers ability to present the subject – the cosplayer on the photo. This is why it is important, that the photographer submits the photo. However, if the cosplayer wishes to send the photo instead, then this can only be done with the permission of the photographer.
- The photos may not be of indecent/sexual nature;
- The photos may not encourage violence;
- The photos must be submitted no later than August 31st (23:59 GMT+3) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate, send an email to email@example.com with the following info:
- Subject line: “AniMatsuri photo competition 2017”;
- Photographers first and last name;
- Photographers artistic name/nickname (if you have one);
- Photographers preference for displaying the name (real name or artistic/nickname) in the photo exhibition;
- Photographers country of residence;
- Photographers social media/portfolio links, if there is a wish to share them with viewers (Facebook, Instagram, 500px, website, etc.);
- 1-2 photos:
- The photo’s shortest side must have a minimum resolution of 2480 pixels;
- JPG or PNG format;
- The photo must stay anonymous, no watermark allowed;
- Cosplayer(s) information:
- Cosplayers artistic name/nickname (if there is one);
- What character(s) is/are being portrayed and from which source;
- Cosplayer’s social media/portofolio links, if there is a wish to share them with viewes (Facebook, Instagram, homepage etc.);
- (Optional) If you wish, you can add a description of the character in the photo and a backstory for the setup of the photo.
Photos submitted to the contest will be reviewed by an international jury of photographers, and the winner will be announced at the award ceremony on September 24th, along with the other festival winners.
By submitting the photos, you give us permission to display your works on the AniMatsuri Facebook page and homepage with proper credits. In case you want only photos with watermark used in public, please send also a photo with a watermark.
The works submitted to the competition shall be used to create a photo exhibition as part of the festival. If you would like your photo exhibited, please bring a physical copy of the photo to the venue (festival’s info desk) no later than September 23rd, 13:00 (GMT+3), or alternatively send it by mail no later than September 12th to:
MTÜ Animeklubi Asashio
Munga 12, 51007 Tartu
Submitted exhibition works must be no smaller than A4 size (and no bigger than A3) and printed on matte photo paper. The photos will not be returned.
If you would like to enter your work in the exhibition, but are having trouble with delivering it, or have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll find a solution.