What happens when Aki, Sousuke, and Wilhelm end up in an RPG? Who will pick up the sword, who the spell book? This year’s theme for the art competition is “Aki, Sousuke, and Wilhelm’s adventures in a fantasy world”! Starting this year we also accept digital entries, so get out your pencils, markers, paints, or drawing tablet and start drawing!
Rules and important info:
- Up to two submissions per author. It is allowed to submit one work digitally and another physically.
- The drawing must be A4 format (21×29,7 cm) or in .png format (recommended dimensions 2480 x 3508 px).
- The physically submitted drawing must not be folded – use an appropriate envelope for a fullsize A4 sheet. The drawing must be in a clear plastic sleeve.
- Submission of a physical drawing: the drawing/s must be sent no later than September 15th, 2017 to MTÜ Animeklubi Asashio, Munga 12, Tartu 51007, Estonia. The submission must include a cover letter with the author’s full name, age, and email address (currently in use). If you want to deliver the work(s) personally, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange it. NB! If you are mailing in your entries, they must be registered as posted no later than September 15th!
- Submission of a digital drawing: the drawing/s must be sent no later than September 15th, 2017 to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be “Art competition 2017” and your name. To the email body, add the full name and the age of the author as well as a link to your drawing (we recommend using a cloud service like Dropbox or Google drive for storing the file). Only the entries sent by 23:59 on September 15th (GMT +3) will make it to the competition.
- Drawings may get lost in the mail. We recommend that you make a backup copy of the work and bring it to the festival so that it can be displayed even if the original does get lost in the mail. Note: when we receive your submission, we will email you at the address you provided to confirm. If you do not get this email by September 18th, please contact the organizers. Drawings that are brought to the event on the day, but which the organizers are not aware of, will not be allowed to participate.
- The drawings must not have any pornographic, violent, obscene or otherwise improper content.
- The drawings are not returned to the author.
- You may not publish your submitted works on the Internet before the festival. You may do so only after the end of the festival and the competition.
The drawings will be displayed publicly at the festival and all visitors will have the opportunity to vote for their favorites*. The vote and the drawings shall be anonymous.
The winner of the art competition will be announced on the last day of the festival at the closing/awards ceremony. The top three will receive wonderful prizes!
* Because this is a public vote, AniMatsuri crew members may participate in the competition.
If you have any questions about the competition, saving the files, etc, feel free to send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.