Qualifications / Saturday, Sept 19 / assembly hall / Estonian and English
Semi-finale & Finale / Sunday, Sep 20 / assembly hall / Estonian and English
What is StepMania? It is a freeware rhythm game based on the popular arcade game Dance Dance Revolution. The game can be played either on a keyboard or a dance pad. It can be played alone or against someone else. The songs for the game can be self-made or downloaded in different song pack from the internet. The largest selection is probably on the StepMania homepage (www.stepmania.com). From there you can also install the free program to start practicing.
- The form of the contest is tournament for which one has to qualify.
- To take part in the qualifications, find the room called “Game Room” (Mängutuba), step inside and write down your name to the participation sheet.
- In the room you will be given a song (that is not included in the pack below(!)) and you are given two attempts for playing it. The higher score of the two counts as your final qualification score.
- 16 participants with the highest scores advance to the finals.
- The qualifiers will be announced on September 19th at 19:00 on the wall of the Game Room as well as the festival homepage and Facebook page.
- Who will go against whom in the first round will be decided by drawing lots.
- The contestant must be present during their song. If we cannot find you, we are forced to announce your opponent the winner.
- In case of technical difficulties, the song will be stopped and restarted.
- The winner of this years tournament will go against our previous 3-times champion Oliver in a title match to see who is the champion is this year!
Fun prizes for the winner of the tournament!
The practice pack for training can be downloaded here.